[DeTomaso] coolant filters 101

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Sat Mar 15 20:46:01 EDT 2014

Dear Dirty and Grouchy in Durango,

Maybe not intelligent, but what the heck........

Question #1 -

...same function...different ways.....  ????

I can remove/check/clean/replace my Tefba filter screen in about a minute and if I am really sloppy, spill all of 20 drops of coolant.

The Gamo .... not so much. Sure, you can SEE the filer cone, but a coolant-spilling PITA to get it out for cleaning.

Question #2 -

Your thoughts on the Gamo filter make sense. The Gamo is essentially a clear piece of pipe the same size as
the coolant system piping, containing a cone-shaped filter. Larger the clear pipe, large the cone.

Of course, someone brighter than me can now chime in on how increased diameter related to gpm flow related to surface area of the cone, yada, yada....

So the use of adapters to utilize the bigger or the biggest Gamo might make sense.

(The Tefba has the same filter section regardless of the inlet / outlet fittings' size. Same V-shaped SS screen placed across the
coolant flow.)

Larry

What restraints? The meds are working fine. They're working just fine.....working fine...working fine......