[DeTomaso] cheap adapters for coolant size hoses (Tefba)

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 15:57:03 EDT 2014

Long ago I found at my local hardware store a copper pipe that is our
coolant size (or really close.)

I use one small elbow, 90 degree ?, so my engine front hose is not the
complicated 1-piece rubber hose (hard to source)

but two straight pieces (Gates Green), with the elbow in between.  As the
copper pipe is "expanded" to take

the next (copper) piece, it is larger on one end than the other.  One size
seems to be close to SAE/USA standard, and

the other is close to our 1 3/8-ish size (probably metric).

I suspect there would be a straight  "connecter" type piece a few inches
long (wider on one end).

This might also work as a Tefba adapter. (One on each side.)

The copper pipe suggestion is from Jack DeRyke (Thanks Jack!).

Chuck

The De Tomaso Registry Guy

http://www.detomasoregistry.org/Members/ProvaMoMemMain.asp