[DeTomaso] Archoil gas additive

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 19:09:24 EDT 2014

I tried toluene and it seemed to make a small improvement. Toluene is an
active ingredient in gasoline. I was able to purchase it at Lowe's on sale
for around $14 for a gallon can (normally closer to $20.) I would suggest
that you google "octane boosters" and read up on the subject. They have
formulas that detail how much of what additive you need to increase 91
octane up to 93 octane.
Of all the so called "octane boosters" I have seen in auto parts stores I
think most of them are pretty useless. There is no chemical I am aware of
that can have a meaningful effect on a tank of gas (or ten gallons of gas
when the additive is a pint). Have you looked into getting aviation fuel?
If you live near a small airport you may be able to purchase aviation fuel
which is 110 octane and is leaded. This link has formulas and ratios to
obtain specific octane results. The costs are out of date.( I personally
wouldn't try any that use mineral oil or transmission fluid as lubricants)
http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo
-how-requests-questions-tips/271419-how-boost-your-octane-using-various-formulas.html