[DeTomaso] Desert Concorso?

jgkrenton at comcast.net jgkrenton at comcast.net
Wed Mar 12 00:47:06 EDT 2014

OK, usually I stay out of these sort of conversations...  Something about keeping ones mouth shut so you don't prove something you'd really prefer not to prove...

But...

#1, I think the original window motors, and maybe the headlight motors are French.  We can't leave them out of the fray..

Then, the Pantera is, as are most Americans, a "Mutt.".  It's heritage is mixed.  Parts come from all over the place. It doesn't have enough cams, cylinders or fancy/beautiful aluminum castings to be a "Thoroughbred". But it can still kick-ass...

In my highly biased opinion, it's an "Italian Hot Rod". Sort of like a "72-duce coupe".  Few people leave them "stock", usually for good reasons.. (like brakes and cooling to mention a few..).  But the end result of the "Hot-Rodding" produces a car that few can beat and it's great "eye-candy". The body style appeal  has survived much longer than many of the "Thoroughbreds" of the time.

Like the bleached blond, just because it wasn't born from a fancy family, doesn't mean it's not "HOT". ..

Strangers drool over it and many of the "Thoroughbreds" hide when they see (hear) it coming.

The real question is "would you introduce it to your mother?".

Your experience may vary...

Jeff/2467.