[DeTomaso] On the scrounge...

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Mar 9 15:40:23 EDT 2014

In a message dated 3/9/14 6 49 55, kirby.schrader at gmail.com writes:

> I’m looking for a second set of wheels for the race car.
>

>>>What you want are Bassett wheels.   They make fantastic wheels that are,
when painted appropriately, a rough approximation of the factory Gr4
wheels.

Wheel spec below.

2 15"x13" D-Hole style with 5.5" back spacing....$109 each

2 15"x10" D-Hole style with 4.5" back spacing....$92 each

All with a 4.5"bolt pattern.

Somewhere there's photos of a fantastic blue Gr4 clone wearing those
wheels, in gold.   I couldn't find that on my hard drive (it's buried somewhere)
but I do have photos of a black street Gr4 clone with those same wheels, also
in gold (attached).

Frankly, these wheels are so good and so cheap that I would suggest you buy
two sets and scrap the ones you have now! :>)