[DeTomaso] Wiper Circuit

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Sun Mar 9 14:08:44 EDT 2014

Richard,

Don't pull your dash. This will likely cause more problems than  what you
now have.

You must have power at the green wire on the wiper switch. If Fuse #8 is
good, and you have no power at the wiper switch and you have no power at the
green wire on the washer switch, the most likely cause is the green wire
connection at Fuse #8. Wire itself is seldom the problem. Connections are
normally the problem. Connections corrode over time or get pulled loose while
working on some unrelated problem.

If the green wire connection at the fuse is good (and you have power at the
 fuse) and you have no power at the washer or wiper switch, I would
recommend  installing a new wire from Fuse #8 to the wiper washer switches. This
can be  done much, much easier than pulling the dash. Use a unique color so
you will  remember why that wire is there. Put the wire in temporarily so you
can test  that it will fix the problem.

Be very, very careful when installing or removing wires from the switches.
The terminals on the switches are easily broken and this will produce,
believe  me, a profound sinking feeling.

BTW an easy way to remove and install the wiper and washer switches is
described, with pictures, at:
http://www.panteraplace.com/Electrical/Wiper%20Switch%20Removal.PDF.

Let me know what you find.

The main  thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.
Do the best you can with what  your have where you are.
Have fun today!
SOBill

In a message dated 3/9/2014 8:41:58 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,