[DeTomaso] [EVDL] NiMH availablity ...

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 18:36:38 EST 2014

I have an unreasonably heavy foot.  I think even when I build a BMS
I'll need to program it to cut out a bit early to save my pack from
myself.  I would need to identify and restrain the weaker battery at
the first sign of trouble and I'd like a computer to alert me.  Bottom
balancing requires that I become the BMS and I'm not fastidious enough
or rational enough to set battery limits in a reactive setting.

The other day my Honda (off topic) had a heater hose leak.  Instead of
pulling over to tape it up I drove the next mile to work and hoped for
the best.  It worked out but if it had been a voltage sag instead I
might have pushed it and ruined the pack.  I need to set up very firm
boundaries in advance.  Not as much a $$$ decision as it is a design
decision.

sean