[DeTomaso] Road & Track online

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 11:41:13 EST 2014

The interesting thing is that we hardly ever got Volvo's in on trade. Back
in the days I was in dealerships (80's -2005) most Volvo owners seemed to
buy their cars new and keep them forever. You know Volvo was always
advertising their 400,00 - 1, 000,000 cars. The typical Volvo buyer (back
in the Volvo "Cube" ere was the pipe smoking, pencil caddy , slide rule guy
who knew every specification and was not inclined to buy "someone Else's
problems "  Which was the famous excuse for not buying a used car. I have
owned a few over the years because they were well made, safe, and REALLY
CHEAP! and they really were good for a few hundred thousand miles. I once
threw a rod half way between NY and Newport RI in the middle of the night
(around 100 miles to go to make it home to Newport) They car made it home
running on 3 cylinders with a hole in the block! If I remember correctly it
was an 89 740 which was one of the top of the line models.  I always like
the Volvo 1800 the Roger Moore drove on the TV show "The saint" they looked
great but didn't really run as well as they looked!