[DeTomaso] 15 Tires

Stephen Nelson steve at snclocks.com
Wed Mar 5 14:20:54 EST 2014

After digesting all the great feedback on this forum on appropriate tire
sizes I bit the bullet and ordered, online, some T/A's:  215/60 15's for the
front and 255/60 15's for the rear.  Then I get a call from Tire Rack - to
tell me I am not ordering tires that match what was originally on the car.
Their computer tells them that it had 50 series tires.  So, do they have
tires they can recommend?   Long pause.  Uh, no.

So I ask if they made 50 series tires back in '73 - all the conversion
charts I can find indicate the lowest current profile that is equivalent to
the tire sizes in the '73 is a 60 series.  Again, long pause, and, well, he
doesn't know.

I have a call into their Retail sales manager, be interesting to see what
light he can shed on the call.  Or if he will even call back.

Stephen Nelson

SNClocks.com <http://www.snclocks.com/>

Click here to join one of our mailing lists Contact
<http://fs19.formsite.com/kagforms/form675003155/index.html>  Lists

Click here for our new
<http://www.snclocks.com/TheRestofourWorld/Hammered-Dulcimers/About-Steves-D
ulcimers/19824807_4sHGgj#1558377542_LKmkrT7> Hammered Dulcimers galleries

Click here for my new blog <http://www.perfectoldman.com/>  on finding
happiness in retirement