[DeTomaso] 150,000 Mile Club (or 241,000 Kilometer Klub)

DtomasoCat at aol.com DtomasoCat at aol.com
Sun Mar 2 19:52:50 EST 2014

Well, I reached the 150,000 milestone a few days ago....I didn't notice it
for a couple days after the fact and snapped the photo of the odometer.
Funny  thing about it though, you would never know that it wasn't 50,000 unless
I told  you. Just goes to show you that driving your Pantera doesn't make
it show its  age....the design is timeless.

I have always said that I would never sell  the Pantera but on the day it
turned 150,000 miles, I was at a bookstore parking  lot with it and when I
came out of the store there was someone looking at the  car (common
occurance). Our conversation went something like this:

Him:  Wow, awesome car!
Me: Thanks, I have way to much fun with it! (my normal  response to most
questions about it).
Him: What's it worth...about  $200K?
Me: (......pausing).......SOLD!

Would I have sold it for $200K?  I would have been crazy not to, but I
would have immediately looked for a  replacement. Although, I sure do like my
car....it has a million memories tied  to it.

I can't think of another car that I would rather:

Take to  the grocery store

Take to the race track

Go to the bank

Get  free oil changes (OK, only once)

Road racing at the Silver State  Classic

Go get fast food

Go drag racing

Carve up incredible  mountain roads

Go to Walmart

Take the family to Disneyland (that  was fun!)

Spend 20 minutes at the gas station fueling up and answering  questions
(love that)

Keep up with (and passing) most any new exotic car  on the road (now have
15,000 miles on the 408 stroker!)

6000 mile road  trip in 16 days

Meet some of the greatest people on earth because of this  incredible
exotic car

Over the past 21 years of my Pantera ownership, I  have done all the above
and so much more. To this day, I still get butterfly's  in my stomach in
anticipation of the fun I will have driving it that day. What  more could I
possibly ask of ANY car, let alone something as cool as a Pantera?

After 42 years, the Pantera still looks like a million bucks (or at  least
$200K)

You always hear about the LOW mileage Panteras out there but  don't hear
much about the high mileage ones (for sake of argument, lets call  100K "high
mileage" for a Pantera).

I know of several Panteras that are  200,000 miles and over (I think Mats
Gorsky in Sweden has nearly 300,000 on his  and he bought his new). Anyone
you know of out there who thinks they own or know  of someone who owns the
worlds highest mileage Pantera?

I would love to  hear about it!

Jim