[DeTomaso] NPC: Disgusting

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 18:10:24 EST 2014

The degree that "big brother " capabilities have advanced in recent years
is really very scary. I remember reading 1984 as a student, George Orwell
hadn't conceived of the technological implications of the digital age ( no
one had) In Mr. Orwell's  future every wire tap and bug had a human being
monitoring it. This idea presents a logistical nightmare and practical
impossibility needing one monitor for every subject being watched which in
the fictional society of "1984" was presumably everyone. The reality of
today's digital age where computer processing ability has gotten so fast (
and getting faster every year), the capability to monitor just about
everyone  everywhere has or is very close to becoming a reality. On a
positive note it would be nice to be able to go into court and refute
trumped up charges for tickets received when one has really not broken the
law and being able to prove it with the same technology. The reality is
that they will be able to catch so many people actually breaking the law
they will no longer have to fabricate charges to meet ticket quotas.