[DeTomaso] seat belt receptacle follow-up

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Sun Mar 2 17:16:16 EST 2014

Yes.  FWIW, I can also rebuild stock Pantera seat-belt buckles when (not if) the leatherette cracks from 40+ years of constant internal spring pressure. The stock design uses that little plastic part to positively retain the guts of the seat belt; its not just decorative. So when the plastic age-cracks, the buckle disassembles in your hands. My fix does not affect the latching part so safety is the same as stock.

I'm wondering if the ford buckle ends to which he refers would work with the male
ends in my stock '72?