[DeTomaso] seat belt receptacle follow-up

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sat Mar 1 17:30:19 EST 2014

I just found an old email I saved from Jack DeRyke:
As long as the reels and insertion-ends are OK, why not find some surplus
Ford buckle-ends? I used the buckle ends from the jump-seats of an '89 Ford
extended-cab pickup, and not only were they about the right length and click
onto the stock belts, the screws holding them to the floor fits the Pantera,
and the plastic stand-up holders from the main seats can be shortened to
fit the Pantera too. The Ford buckles are plated but roughing them up and
spray painting would make them almost identical to the stock plastic-buckles in
appearance.
Replacing the other ends is complicated due to the reels and sewn-together
belt/shoulder harness in your '74. Good luck- J Deryke
I'm wondering if the ford buckle ends to which he refers would work with the male ends in my stock '72?
Chris