[DeTomaso] Pantera Wheel Identification

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Mar 1 13:15:18 EST 2014

In a message dated 2/27/14 22 00 27, mghibli7 at hotmail.com writes:

> I need some help identifying the manufacturer of this wheel. Does anybody
> recognize it?
>
> It is a three piece wheel, the rears are 17" x 13? the fronts are 17" x
> 10". Sorry pictures are so dark, didn't realize how dark they were until I
> got in from the shop
>

>>>Sorry it's taken awhile to reply.

Others have correctly identified them as Hall Pantera wheels.   These
center are actually intended for 15-inch wheels, and have been fitted to 17-inch
hoops.

They are no better or worse than any of the other Hall Pantera wheels which
are legendary for failing.   They were a very sincere, honest attempt at
making a good-looking, cheap wheel, but Hall was let down by his supplier, who
failed to engineer the wheels properly for any sort of longevity.

I would view them as scrap today. :<(