[DeTomaso] 15" Tires

Sam shbailey at att.net
Sat Mar 1 08:19:52 EST 2014

I run 255 60’s size on my car and am happy. Would have gotten 275’s at but they were not available. I like the 255’s in the fact that I can get a good hard start with virtually no wheel spin but I can grab a second and third shift chirp from the tires that you can easily hear. They also don’t look too big and out of place for an earlier original car from 40 years ago. If you want to see a video go to You Tube “Detomaso Pantera High Performance Fun”. It includes some of my shifts along with 2 high speed runs. I also tested these under really hard turning and acceleration with my 205’s up front on a lot of Interstate clover leafs and it was very stable.  Tried to use 225’s up front but my car is a 1971 and I wanted to not roll the front fenders since the car is so original. May have been able to get away with it but I had removed the spring spacers to lower the car.