[DeTomaso] ZF Stud Bolts

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Mon Jun 30 17:25:02 EDT 2014

Many of us that do this use Yamabond, a fuel-resistant contact cement used to seal two-piece aluminum motorcycle crankcases- an arguably more difficult job than sealing a ZF. Works fine, universally available and not expensive. A LIGHT coating works best. Good luck- J Deryke

I am in the process of reassembling my ZF and was wondering what type
   of sealing compound is recommended for use with the stud bolts that
   penetrate through the ZF main housing.  I know that what ever was used
   previously was a sealant that hardened inside the casing.  Any
   information or recommendations would be helpful. I just want to make
   sure that I use the right stuff so I won't get any leakage afterwards.

   I am in the process of reassembling my ZF and was wondering what type
   of sealing compound is recommended for use with the stud bolts that
   penetrate through the ZF main housing.  I know that what ever was used
   previously was a sealant that hardened inside the casing.  Any
   information or recommendations would be helpful. I just want to make
   sure that I use the right stuff so I won't get any leakage afterwards.

   Thanks!
   Bill Parmele
   [1]wparmele at Hotmail.com

References

   1. mailto:wparmele at Hotmail.com

   I am in the process of reassembling my ZF and was wondering what type
   of sealing compound is recommended for use with the stud bolts that
   penetrate through the ZF main housing.  I know that what ever was used
   previously was a sealant that hardened inside the casing.  Any
   information or recommendations would be helpful. I just want to make
   sure that I use the right stuff so I won't get any leakage afterwards.

   Thanks!
   Bill Parmele
   [1][1]wparmele at Hotmail.com