[DeTomaso] Newby here

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jun 26 17:24:22 EDT 2014

In a message dated 6/26/14 11 50 59, braatensauto at qwest.net writes:

> I am sorry for sending all these emails to everyone. I just joined this
> Panera club forum this morn. I did NOT realize I was sending these emails to
> everyone in the club. Im a classic car dealer in Rochester,Mn  not a email
> or forum junky.  I just took a cool Fully restored Pantera on trade and I
> am looking for a pair of wiper arms. Im also wondering what the trick to
> fix horn. I assume I need to push the blinker lever in for horn?  Thanks for
> explaining.
>

>>>Welcome to the world of Panteras!   NO reason to apologize!   It was
just unclear from your first post that this was the case--it sounded like you
were trying to have a private conversation and sent it to the wrong address
by mistake.   It had a photo of a Chevy, not a Pantera.

You're doing exactly what you should be--sending out queries to a worldwide
audience and asking for help.   We're all happy to help you!

Bill Taylor has created system-by-system wiring diagrams which can be found
at www.panteraplace.com.   The one you want is here, specifically:

http://www.panteraplace.com/Electrical/HORNS%20AND%20HORN%20SWITCH.pdf

That should get you well on your way.   And yes, the horn is located in the
turn signal stalk; push it inwards (towards the steering column) to
actuate.   It's an English/German Ford switch, shared with the 1971-73 Mercury
Capri (which doesn't make them plentiful, but at least you know the source.

Despite laughable assertions to the contrary, there is not a single inch of
Lucas wiring anywhere in a Pantera.   The whole loom is Italian (which is
not necessarily any better).   There are a few Lucas components, including
the whole wiper system and wiper washer bottle/motor, but the relays are
either US or Italian, switches are either Euro Ford (ignition, turn signal/horn)
or crappy Italian, the fuseblock is Italian, etc.

Again, it's not as though that's any better news than if they were English,
but at least you won't propagate false info if somebody asks.

Good luck with your wiring problem--please keep us posted! :>)

Cheers!