[DeTomaso] Newby here

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Thu Jun 26 15:51:51 EDT 2014

Welcome, Brian. As with all Italian cars, there will be a significant amount of adapting- by YOU- to fully enjoy your 42-year-old machine. The horn circuit is 'interesting'. Mine abruptly quit, and starting behind a removable shield in front of the right front wheel with a VOM and a portable 12v source, the power goes from a hot wire at the button through many feet of wire to the horns, then back to the button and is grounded in a solder-spot half-way up the stalk. There is a fuse. My eventual fix was to reheat the solder-spot while pressing inward on the wire. Note that much of the wiring is from Lucas of England as are many of the electrical accessories. The wiper arms, motor and blades are late-'60s Jaguar, or sometimes Carillo. Good luck- J Deryke