[DeTomaso] Fluidyne Radiator

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Thu Jun 26 14:27:32 EDT 2014

Jim, the stubs are 1-1/2" OD. I use straight sections of 1-3/8" Gates Green Stripe hose to copper sweat-solder 90 degree bends from good hardware stores. If you wet the hoses (hot water is better) the hoses slide right onto both the copper fittings and the Fluidyne stubs. They work, are efficient and will not ever corrode. I also use one on the transition of the big water pipe to the twisty pipe going up to the surge tank. The hose runs close to the edge of the harmonic balancer. A copper 90 degree is one less worry at that point.

   I recently purchased a Fluidyne Aluminum Radiator, for those of you who
   have purchased one where did you find the hoses to hook up the system
   to the stock water pipes given the short straight pipe stubs out of the
   radiator?  Do you have any part numbers or supplier information?
   Jim