[DeTomaso] pantera sighting in potomac maryland - 23 june 14

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jun 26 13:11:39 EDT 2014

In a message dated 6/26/14 9 36 35, detomaso at poca.com writes:

> whilst motoring home this past monday afternoon from downtown dc to the
> maryland 'burbs, on my supermoto conwerted suzuki dr650, i got a couple
> carlengths behind a beautiful red gr5-conwerted pre-l, (my guess), coming off
> the clara barton parkway onto macarthur blvd and thru potomac.  i passed it
> in "downtown" potomac - nothing like the maneuverability of a narrow
> motorcycle when a traffic light comes up.  :>)  later, i stopped for gas on rte
> 28; and after, when i headed west down 28, there at the light, on the rte
> 118 cross-street was the same beast, waiting for the light to change; i gave
> it a big thumbs up while going thru.  i did notice the license plate said
> "rokteer" (not sure what state; the plate was dark blue w/white lettering).
>
> anyway, nice ride, whoever you are!  :>)
>

>>>If it's the car I'm thinking of, that's a 1980 GT/4, basically a GT5
equipped with the fiberglass Gr4 flares instead of GT5.   It has a carbon fiber
front hood and rear decklid, and 17-inch GT4/GT5 clone wheels?   That's
Greg Sullivan, who was in the Alberquerque area, but has since dropped out of
sight.   Perhaps he's moved to DC?   He's an aerospace consultant for the
government (hence the plate).

If it was actually a red GT5 conversion of a '72, that's Rob Doone.   He's
another guy who used to be active, came to the Fun Rally etc., but I haven't
seen him in many years.