[DeTomaso] Replacement of speedo/tach bulbs

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jun 26 12:34:27 EDT 2014

In a message dated 6/26/14 5 39 53, tcabanski at tencom.com writes:

> What is the easiest way to put in new bulbs for the speedo & tach?.
>
> Bought some higher wattage bulbs and want to put them in.
>

>>>The easiest way is to get somebody else to install them for you.   Works
like a champ! :>)

Small women, and children are especially useful for this task.

Seriously, the two-pod dashes are a bit easier to work with in this regard.
  The single-pod dash has the gauges positioned in such a fashion that it's
quite difficult to lay hands on them.   Normally I take the seat out and
lie upside down on the floor and fumble around.   I have had some luck
kneeling on the ground outside the car, and reaching up and in with my left hand,
but that requires working blind, so you have to first see where your hand
needs to go, then remember the layout, and feel around.

Regardless of technique, once you pluck the bulb holder from the back of
the gauge, it's quite easy to withdraw the bulb and change it.

Good luck!