[DeTomaso] Fire suppression

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Jun 23 16:51:11 EDT 2014

In a message dated 6/23/14 13 39 57, detomaso at poca.com writes:

> I'm looking for recommendations regarding fire suppression systems.
> Getting ready for SORC & SSCC.
>

>>>FWIW I bought mine from Hall Pantera more than 20 years ago and
thankfully have never needed to use it!

I would think that today a more logical place to shop would be any of the
racing speciality warehouse, such as Pegasus Racing:

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/advcat.asp?CategoryID=FIRESYSTEMS

I know that race sanctioning bodies recommend (demand?) that at least one
of the fire nozzles be aimed at the driver, but mine isn't plumbed like that.
  While I understand the reasoning behind it, I prefer to reserve my fire
extinguishing capability for areas that are likely to, you know, have a fire.

My bottle is in the front trunk, with the discharge handle near the trunk
release under the dash.   The plumbing goes to the top of the gas tank, then
splits off and has nozzles pointing at the oil pan, and the carb.