[DeTomaso] DAMAGED SHELBY

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Sun Jun 22 18:09:29 EDT 2014

Also years ago at Laguna Seca, Judy & I watched a couple of young guys trying to load a slightly damaged GT-40 onto an open trailer by backing it on (for proper tongue load). A narrow  trailer, a grabby clutch and no rear visibility (nor much driving skill) caused the car to repeatedly hit the trailer wheels and crumple the GT-40's delicate rear fenders on both sides. The driver saw us watching and yelled, "Hey- you want to buy this POS? Make me an offer!"  Possibly my third shot at owning a notable car....
J DeRyke