[DeTomaso] Steering wheels

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Jun 21 23:30:26 EDT 2014

In a message dated 6/21/14 20 09 9, pantdino at aol.com writes:

> If Ford hadn't put those stupid Mercury wheels on the cars they probably
> would have had Momo on US cars too.
>

>>>Remember, the early Panteras came with beautiful two-spoke Ferrero
wheels.   For reasons unknown (perhaps a childish interpretation of crash
protection laws?) Ford had those beautiful wheels pulled when the cars reached the
USA, and fitted them with Capri wheels.   Bev Hall told me that Bill Stroppe
had a huge pile (hundreds!) of those Ferrero wheels stacked up in his shop
for years, and then he finally took them to the dump! :<(

Now they are worth thousands....sheesh!