[DeTomaso] Steering wheels

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Sat Jun 21 18:14:45 EDT 2014

My Lecarra wheel measures 13.5" OD, and even then my skinny but long leg only has 1/4" clearance between it and my knee when my leg is against the console.

I doubt I could drive the car with a bigger wheel.

Even with 215 front tires the wheel cannot be turned unless the car is rolling at least a little.
Actually I don't think steering gear was designed to deal with gorilla force, so if a driver has to use all his strength to move the wheel that can't be good for the car.

Jim Oddie