[DeTomaso] VIN 5219 on ebay with an early dash?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Jun 21 13:37:21 EDT 2014

In a message dated 6/21/14 6 37 56, detomaso at poca.com writes:

> My '73 Euro GTS (5186) has a the single pod dash but has the two piece
> console with raised shift gate.
>

>>>No, it doesn't. :>)

That is, it doesn't have "the" single-pod dash.   Instead, it has a Euro
GTS dash, which is completely different.   They share the same shape, but the
USA single-pod dash was a molded steel and foam thing, whereas yours is
fiberglass, covered with upholstery.   Your dash doesn't appear anywhere in the
Ford parts book.

The USA single-pod dash was always mated with the later-style front/center
console pieces, while the Euro GTS dash was designed to work with (and is
typically found with) the early-style front/center console, as your car has.

I love your car. :>)