[DeTomaso] Long Time Coming; Fresh Paint

Tony DiGiovanna tonydigi at optonline.net
Fri Jun 20 22:15:16 EDT 2014

When I bought my bone-stock, aging Pantera 19 years ago, the first thing I
said was "it needs fresh paint."  I set out to refresh it mechanically
before tackling the paint.  So, 19 years later I've finally gotten there
(now there's more stock parts in my shed than on the car.)  The car is
currently at Perfect Bodies Autobody in Bohemia, Long Island NY.  Fellow
Jersey Panteras member Joe DiVillio has stripped it bare, eradicated the
relatively minor rust demons, welding in metal GTS flares and replacing
rotted rockers with custom fabricated replacements.  I'll be posting
periodic photos of the procedures.
-Tony DiGiovanna
President, Jersey Panteras