[DeTomaso] Steering wheels

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 20:17:08 EDT 2014

I asked what made a "Momo" wheel an "upgrade" , Mike D. said
">>>There's nothing wrong with the Lecarra wheels, in terms of their
quality.  I object slightly to the rather huge center hub.  But the Momo
prototipo was the factory wheel fitted to the Euro GTS, and standard
equipment on the GT5, GT5-S, as well as (smaller version) race cars like
Porsche 917 etc.  So it has heritage and legacy behind it.

Plus, it looks much better. :>)"

It was in reference to his comment that "it looked much better" that
I responded to with the "beauty is in the eye of the beholder " comment.
 I looked up a Baskin Robbins link on google and their web sight said "They
started out in separate ventures at the advice of Irv’s father. In 1945,
Irv opened Snowbird Ice Cream in Glendale, California. His store featured
21 flavors and emphasized high-quality ice cream sold in a fun,
personalized atmosphere" So my info may be out of date but the point I was
trying to make is the same. Because a person prefers the looks of a
particular wheel it doesn't qualify it as an "upgrade" especially since it
is standard equipment on many Pantera models. I was attempting to
illustrate that taste is subjective. But especially in the case of Mike
drew , who so many people hold up as the consummate authority on Panteras
 . If Mike says a MOMO wheel is an "upgrade" it should be based on some
factor that makes the Momo  superior to other wheels , not just because
Col. Drew "likes the way they look" Some taller people who like the wheel
closer to them prefer the longer hub of the lecarra because it brings the
wheel closer to them even though  their long legs force them to drive with
the back of the seat all the way at the bulk head. If someone is supposed
to be an "authority on things "Pantera" or anything else for that matter ,
I believe they should differentiate between things hat they like and things
they state as categorically factual. It's the difference between an
editorial and reporting the news. One is opinion and one is (supposed to
be) facts. Just my "Opinion" (which coincidentally  corresponds with the
facts) ;>)

Boyd

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 5:48 PM, Julian Kift <julian_kift at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Where the hell is this conversation going?
>
> Anything on these forums is a personal opinion. Yes beauty is in the eye
> of the beer holder, but there still some chicks (and guys) that are
> destined to go home alone every night!
>
> Baskin Robbins is a totally different subject, now you are talking taste
> rather than visual beauty , you can put a paper bag over an ugly chick
> (dude) and still experience the same taste :>)
>
> Julian
>
> Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 16:45:17 -0400
> From: boyd411 at gmail.com
> To: MikeLDrew at aol.com
> CC: detomaso at poca.com
>
> Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Steering wheels
>
> Once more I must point out that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" . So
> just because "you" think it is more beautiful doesn't make it so. As an
> example this Ethiopian Honey is considered to be "hot stuff" and Mike after
> a long deployment in Eithiopia might come home with the local beauty queen.
>  I can imagine the looks on his friends faces when he deplaned at  with his
> new beauty queen prize ( this is of course fiction considering Mike has a
> beautiful american wife) but hypothetically imagine their surprise when he
> deplaned with  Miss Addis Ababa ( Hypothetically the new Mrs. Drew ) Miss
> Eithiopia!. Just because you think something is beautiful or "better
> doesn't make it so!. That's why Baskin Robbins has 21 flavors!
>

> On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 2:20 PM, <MikeLDrew at aol.com> wrote:
>

> > In a message dated 6/19/14 18 45 8, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:
> >

> > I know Momo and Nardo wheels are popular , but what exactly makes a "Momo"
> > an "upgrade" from the rare and no longer available "Lecarra"?

> > quality.  I object slightly to the rather huge center hub.  But the Momo
> > prototipo was the factory wheel fitted to the Euro GTS, and standard
> > equipment on the GT5, GT5-S, as well as (smaller version) race cars like
> > Porsche 917 etc.  So it has heritage and legacy behind it.
> >
> > Plus, it looks much better. :>)
> >
> > Mike

   I asked what made a "Momo" wheel an "upgrade" , Mike D. said
   ">>>There's nothing wrong with the Lecarra wheels, in terms of their
   quality.A  I object slightly to the rather huge center hub.A  But the
   Momo prototipo was the factory wheel fitted to the Euro GTS, and
   standard equipment on the GT5, GT5-S, as well as (smaller version) race
   cars like Porsche 917 etc.A  So it has heritage and legacy behind it.
   Plus, it looks much better. :>)"
   It was inA reference to his comment that "it looked much better" that
   IA responded to with the "beauty is in the eye of the beholder "
   comment.
   A I looked up a Baskin Robbins link on google and theirA web sight said
   "They started out in separate ventures at the advice of Irvas father.
   In 1945, Irv opened Snowbird Ice Cream in Glendale, California. His
   store featured 21 flavors and emphasized high-quality ice cream sold in
   a fun, personalized atmosphere" So my info may be out of date but the
   point I was trying to make is the same. Because a person prefers the
   looks of a particular wheel it doesn't qualify it as an "upgrade"
   especially since it is standard equipment on many Pantera models. I was
   attempting to illustrate that taste is subjective. But especially in
   the case of Mike drew , who so many people hold up as the consummate
   authority on Panteras A . If Mike says a MOMO wheel is an "upgrade" it
   should be based on some factor that makes the Momo A superior to other
   wheels , not just because Col. Drew "likes the way they look" Some
   taller people who like the wheel closer to them prefer the longer hub
   of the lecarra because it brings the wheel closer to them even though
   A their long legs force them to drive with the back of the seat all the
   way at the bulk head. If someone is supposed to be an "authority on
   things "Pantera" or anything else for that matter , I believe they
   should differentiate between things hat they like and things they state
   as categorically factual. It's the difference between an editorial and
   reporting the news. One is opinion and one is (supposed to be) facts.
   Just my "Opinion" (which coincidentally A corresponds with the facts)
   ;>)
   Boyd

   On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 5:48 PM, Julian Kift
   Where the hell is this conversation going?
   AnythingA on these forums is a personal opinion. YesA beauty is in the
   eye of the beer holder, butA thereA still some chicks (and guys) that
   are destined to go home alone every night!
   Baskin Robbins is a totally different subject, now you are talking
   taste rather than visualA beauty , you can put a paper bag over an ugly
   chick (dude) andA stillA experience the sameA taste :>)
   Julian