[DeTomaso] F1 Drivers at Indy

Dave dave at damardirect.com
Fri Jun 20 09:07:30 EDT 2014

I agree, especially about Tony. Tony had visions of grandeur regarding the F1 / IMS series. He played  a HUGE  amount of the family money on the renovation for F1, road course, new suites above the pits and new F1 garages. It was almost an “all in” financial proposition that led to his demise as president of IMS. His sisters wanted his head, and voted to remove him as president. The facility came very, very close to selling, unknown to most just how close. You could write a book about what all went on at IMS. I think it is getting a little bit better but something could drop next week.
IndyDave