[DeTomaso] Steering wheels

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jun 19 19:35:58 EDT 2014

In a message dated 6/18/14 10 28 53, detomaso at poca.com writes:

> All this discussion about steering wheels got me curious and I checked my
> car and the wheel is a "La Carrera"
>
>>>You mean, "Lecarra".

http://www.lecarra.com/

La Carrera is a race in Mexico. :>)

> > it's a 3 spoke with a leather wrapped
> wheel and has a center hub cover with the Pantera "Isis" logo . Is anyone
> familiar with these? I know the previous owner bought a lot of his parts
> from Hall Pantera.
>
>>>Lots of Panteras have been equipped with wheels from this company over
the years.   I had one for a long time, but I didn't like the fact that the
hub is so huge, so I later upgraded to a Momo wheel/hub.   Lori really likes
the four-spoke Lecarra in her car though.   The car came to her with a 'big
man' 13-inch wheel, which she wisely replaced with a 14-inch model as she's
only 5 foot 4.   So she has a 13-inch wheel available for sale if anybody is
looking.

Lecarra no longer manufactures a hub to fit the Pantera, so all the Pantera
vendors have stopped carrying their wheels, sadly...:<(