[DeTomaso] test

Himes, Terry (397C) terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jun 18 21:05:38 EDT 2014

Curt,

It was great!   A really fun crowd came up and I gave them the VIP tour.  They arrived promptly at 10am
and I think everyone was on their way home by 3pm.  We did lunch as well.  I showed them the history of
how NASA actually started here (JPL/Caltech) in 1936.   Several movies, the historical 'darkroom'  where
most of our critical events take place, the In-Situ building (called the Mars Yard) where we had a full scale
model of the new Mars InSight spacecraft we will start building in a couple of months.

The SMAP spacecraft we are building was not viewable, it was in ThermalVAC getting ready for launch this
fall.  And the Earth Sciences Center was unavailable due to technical problems.   Bummer, because it is
amazing 3D view of what we are doing to this planet.    But people can click on this link and play with
"Eyes on the Earth" themselves.   http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/

Here is a link to show you Terabytes of images that all 24 of our (JPL)  flying missions have sent back to earth.
Also all past missions.  It is an awesome place to cruise around.   http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/
Click on a planet to see spacecraft images from mission that have visited there.

All in all, it was a great day and I think everyone enjoyed themselves.

Terry

"Sometimes I think the surest signs that intelligent life
  exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried
  to contact us!"

Terry W. Himes [cid:ED9E9AAB-30AA-4CCC-AACB-315FD0A537DC]
JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Deep Impact Sequence Team Lead
Deep Impact Spacecraft Engineer & Activity Lead
Rosetta/MEX/VEX Sequence Team Lead
Phone: (818) 393-6261
Cell:     (818) 653-8213
Fax:     (818) 393-3147