[DeTomaso] Removable steering wheel

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Jun 17 22:52:18 EDT 2014

In a message dated 6/17/14 15 57 7, detomaso at poca.com writes:

> After reading all that has been said re: steering wheels and removable vs
> non-removable - I would like to buy the following: 1.) A Nardi wheel and
> 2.) Whatever hub it takes to mount the Nardi on. Can I get some help?
> Certainly would appreciate it. Apparently Hall has the hub, but does the bolt
> pattern match a Nardi? I have a Nardi on my MG and always thought it was a
> nice touch. Now its time for the Pantera.
>

>>>Although personally I think a wood-rim Nardi wheel doesn't suit a
Pantera well (it's a little too 'classic' 1960s, as opposed to 'modern' 1970s), I
have seen a few Panteras with Nardis and the owners liked them.

The wheel is readily available from a million sellers (new) on E-bay.   I
actually sold one out of the Miata on E-bay last year, that was brand new
when we bought that car.

As for the hub, I suspect the Mercury Capri/Ford Cortina hub would fit the
Pantera, but it won't have a De Tomaso center logo.   Of course, you might
appreciate the Nardi center that comes with the wheel more anyway.