[DeTomaso] Fwd: modded Pantera to be auctioned at Newport Beach next weekend

Scott Carpenter scscottc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 08:22:41 EDT 2014

I'm wondering if they have their facts correct. From the listing:  1972 De
Tomaso Pantera #1435 "This DeTomaso Pantera was built in July/August of
1971 and sold new in 1972, being one of the 63 Panteras hand-built in total
during 1971."

So my car is #1523 and has a build date of May/71 on the door plate.  Is it
possible that this car even though it is an earlier VIN than mine wasn't
completed until July/August?  Does the delivery date of 1972 make it a
"1972" car? Or was it the August build date that pushed it to 1972 as I
know a lot of manufacturers start delivering the next model year cars
around August.  Not sure that was the practice in August of 1971.. I was
only a year old then.. ;-)

Scott