[DeTomaso] horse power question

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Jun 13 11:20:03 EDT 2014

Remember, the ANSA GTS exhaust system that Gray has is very restrictive. Back to back tests on Dan Jones engine dyno showed a full 50 HP loss compared to Mustang headers and magneflow 3-inch mufflers. So the large difference between engine and chassis dyno numbers on Gray's car is the combination of the drag from the drivetrain, plus the restrictive exhaust.

FWIW I uncorked my GTS mufflers and only picked up 12 HP vs standard GTS mufflers. I thing the resonator tips are the real source of the restriction.

That's one reason why Wilkinson's GTS copy exhaust resulted in a 31 HP improvement over the factory system....

Mike

Sent from my iPhone