[DeTomaso] Need a thermostat

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jun 11 21:48:28 EDT 2014

In a message dated 6/11/14 14 45 22, demongusta at me.com writes:

> Apparently Flowkooler  is no longer a supplier of Robert Shaw
> thermostats. I had a part #333-180 and gave it to Flowkooler, but they said the 333
> series was discontinued. Any leads?
>

>>>I have tried for several months to get another inventory of these
things; I buy them in bulk and supply them to Euro dudes.   Last time I had to
wait a year and a half (!) before they came back into production, but I only
bought ten of them, and sold the last one a couple of months ago.

I spoke with the Flowkooler people just last week and they said their
supplier was discontinuing production.   The supplier was demanding a huge
quantity buy and had also doubled the price, and they simply couldn't afford to
buy 1000 351C thermostats at $30 each or whatever their cost was going to be.

So, you will have to make do with a conventional 351C thermostat, which
thankfully is readily available at any auto parts store from any number of
different manufacturers....