[DeTomaso] Ford flywheel size and weight????

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Wed Jun 11 04:18:31 EDT 2014

No reason they need that. FWIW, the 157 tooth flywheel is 30mm smaller in OD than the 164 tooth but both are set for the early factory 28.2 in-oz imbalance. Not sure on the 302 but a 351-C grey-iron flywheel weighs 32 lbs uncut/unworn. A 302 takes a 10-1/2" clutch, the 351C an 11"- as stock- but things can sure change in 40 years....
Your friend should ask them if their crank kit can be balanced without $100 worth of Mallory-metal, and whether the crank nose is sized to take a stock dia harmonic balancer. So many Chinese cranks come in with undersized noses, some balancer mfgs have a special undersized part number for them. Otherwise, most balancers are a slip fit and do no vibration-absorbtion. Good luck to him- J Deryke