[DeTomaso] Engine Swap Query

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 10:32:54 EDT 2014

I had noticed that motor to! Really cool. If you remove the plastic air
filter cover that travels down the center valley of the engine it has 10
individual throttle bodies with velocity stacks! Vey Cool! and it runs like
a scalded cat!  It produces 500 Hp but only 380 Ft lbs of torque which I
though was a little disappointing. A Cleveland making 500hp  @ 7750 RPM
will generally make more torque and the Coyote can easily make as much or
more HP and torque that will match or exceed the HP numbers  and the RPM
numbers. besides the novelty of it being a v-10  there are other engines
Like the Cleveland or the Coyote that will out perform at at a much lower
cost. I believe there would be some real issues to overcome with the
electronics and the way the transmission it networked with the engine
contra software. There are engines available through cop art auctions.

Boyd
Image of velocity stacks
.http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/imported/2012/09/s85_teaser3-1.jpg