[DeTomaso] Pantera in Museum

LaurieFerrari at aol.com LaurieFerrari at aol.com
Sat Jun 7 01:57:24 EDT 2014

Hi all,
I am writing on behalf of Leon Rower of the San  Diego Chapter who does not
yet have a Forum Account.  He  asked if I'd thank everyone for the great
POCA Fun Rally. Although he  was not able to be at the entire event due to his
work schedule, he  did attend the Friday evening Escondido Meet (which  he
routinely does) the Saturday lovely Embarcadero Show along the edge  of the
San Diego Bay, and the Saturday night banquet.  At the  Embarcadero Show he
was approached by a curator from the San  Diego Automotive Museum in Balboa
Park, who marveled at the  originality and pristine condition of his blue
Pantera, down to the  original radio, tires, and even lug nets. He was invited
to have his  car on display at the Museum, so as of yesterday, there is
where his car  will be for the next six months.  In keeping with the  topics of
discussion of the POCA Board, it is the duty of us  all to spread the word
and share knowledge of our Panteras with the general  public, and thus Leon
is achieving that.  Perhaps this  may inspire not only mature but younger
people to learn more  about these wonderful cars.

So a big thanks from Leon for the recognition  through his affiliation with
the Club. Needless to say he is very  proud and excited.  If you are in the
San Diego area, stop in to see the  display.

Best to all,
Laurie

p.s. In case you recall a blue Pantera on the front of Hemmings a  while
back, and on the Buyers Guide, this was Leon's car as  well.