[DeTomaso] Front mounted A/C

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jun 5 23:35:51 EDT 2014

It was on May 22nd. Here it is again...

Mike
--------
Hi guys,

Years ago Chris Difani was kind enough to let me borrow his vacuum-powered cooling system filling tool, and was even kinder to let me keep it here more or less indefinitely, since I'm always working on either my car or somebody else's.

My car has been in the air for months undergoing the world's slowest brake system upgrade, part of which required draining the cooling system.  The brakes are all plumbed now so today I chose to reinstall the hose I had to remove, and fill it up.

With my Iphone lying handy I decided to show how this tool works.  It's brilliant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPG2B_qlwqQ

Unfortunately, this particular model is no longer available from Harbor Freight Tools where he got it.  A different company offers several competing designs however.

http://www.uview.com/index.cfm?DSP=ProductList&pagepath=Products/Cooling&id=45700

This tool is one of the best investments I ever would have made, had I actually made it!  Having a friend like Chris who just lets me keep it is even better!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone

   [1]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPG2B_qlwqQ
   [2]http://www.uview.com/index.cfm?DSP=ProductList&pagepath=Products/Coo