[DeTomaso] POCA e-mail forum and Spam

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 15:29:11 EDT 2014

It looks like the POCA e-mail fórum isn’t the only e-mail system that has
many registered users condemned to the spam folder. I received this today
from my university:

Dear Cornell Alumni and Friends,

Yahoo and AOL, along with many smaller e-mail providers, recently made some
changes that have affected Cornell’s email deliverability – both from the
university to alumni and also from alumni to alumni. The services most
affected are Cornell mailing lists (e.g., CornellClubYourCity-L at cornell.edu)
and alumni e-mail forwarding.

The companies made these changes to address security problems related to
spam, phishing, and spoofing. Unfortunately, the changes have caused major
problems for organizations that use email forwarding services. Technically,
the issue is quite complex, so I will be brief in this message and offer
details on this web page
<http://www.alumniconnections.com/links/link.cgi?l=5732762&h=264090&e=CEL-20
140604105556> .

-snip-

So, it isn’t a government plot against DeTomaso owners