[DeTomaso] Moving ac condenser to front of car.

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Mon Jun 2 19:29:32 EDT 2014

Theres plenty of room in front of the radiator (stock or aftermarket) for any reasonable condenser including a stock one moved from the back. It includes radiators either straight up or angled fwd.  The condenser poses NO appreciable restriction to air flow through your rad. The assembly will need -A- shrouded sucker fans and -B- the stock pushers plus their sheet metal brackets removed. With some fiddling, the stock length AC hoses will also work with a front mount AC. The hardest part is finding a place up front for the dryer can so someone can see the sight gauge during filling. I used an aluminum dryer can (for a 5 ton truck)  that's shorter than stock and fits in the extreme rt side corner of the front trunk. Many owners wire one SUCKER fan directly behind the condenser-plus-rad so its controlled by either a manual dash switch or by the action of the compressor clutch coming on. This is how 98% of other cars on the road are rigged. Good luck- J Deryke