[DeTomaso] strange clutch noise question

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Mon Jun 2 01:31:27 EDT 2014

PPS.
On 101 you'll end up having to downshift for every town you pass through
on up California and Oregon.  you know the routine by now.... 55 -> 45
-> 35 -> 25...   ... -> 35 -> 45 -> 55.  -That- my friend will put more
stress on this problem because it -will- require you to shift, and could
leave you in a small town that still thinks a Pantera is a KIT car; gets
overnight deliveries on the -second- day and the chief mechanic in town
is missing a tooth and goes by the nickname "lucky."  Do you really want
to break down there?

On I-5, you get on the freeway, put it in fifth gear and stay there
until your next exit.  It minimizes the potential damage; minimizes the
potential breakdown in who-knows-where; AND has the added benefit of
getting you home sooner.  (though that last one might interfere with
your vacation budget for milkshakes, not to mention cutting your travel
diary short for everyone else).

I realize this means you'll need to change plans.  But what's a Pantera
adventure without changing plans?  Be still, and listen to God, see
what's he might be saying.

Honestly, best interest in mind here... follow my first set of instructions.
I'll say a prayer for you tonight.

Asa  Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
& Shelley Marie