[DeTomaso] Official video from Supercar event in Spain

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 15:19:03 EDT 2014

Hi all

A few weeks ago, Amaya and I attended a Supercar event in Northern Spain and
had a blast.

The "official" video was just published on Youtube and may be found here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-A-fOqi3p8

Non-Spanish speakers don't need to worry - the intro and opening interview
don't last long. The video gives a good flavor of what the weekend was all
about.

Observant people may notice that among the official sponsors listed at the
end are the all-important Spanish Guardia Civil and the Police of Santander.
One of the things that made this event so special was the extremely rare
opportunity to totally disregard any and all speed limits for the entire
weekend, while accompanied by the police to move you along if they thought
you could do better. In Politically Correct 2014, these opportunities are
extremely rare, and we were quite lucky to be able to simply drive as we
wished.

Looking at the video reminds me of an anecdote - toward the end of the video
(and weekend) we went to a gourmet sardine factory. They hand-cut and
hand-prepare some allegedly very special sardines that they sell for some
very special prices. I can't stand the stuff, so I gallantly leave more for
everyone else. But after the tasting I took the director of the factory our
for an e-ticket ride in the Pantera, complete with one of the best burn-outs
I've ever done. Cold tires and a dusty street made it easy to hit the
throttle and spin around 180 degrees, back off the throttle a tad to gain
traction, and mash it again to take off straight, tires spinning wildly. I
couldn't do it again that perfectly if I tried - it was childish, but I had
an adrenaline rush until we got back and I dropped him off. He was suitably
impressed and had a great time. Too bad THAT wasn't in the video!

If anyone should happen to be in Spain next year, this event is really worth
attending..