[DeTomaso] Online POCA Dues

Himes, Terry (397C) terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Jul 31 21:46:35 EDT 2014

I volunteered myself and my team (10 web developers) to do "Professional" website, cheap.
I did a nice prototype and presentation, then was absolutely flatly turned down.

We do all the Mars Missions (internal) support websites.  Since our sites log big data everyday
the POCA website would have been driven by MySQL database, which could have been used
for storing, searching and sorting of years of data if we wanted.

Too bad.  I will never volunteer again.  (sour grapes)  And I salute those who do (you).  It takes
lots of time & effort.

We used PHP templates I developed and coordinated with Lars Lindberg Christensen and the ESA/Hubble
website folks.  They also house Big Data with terabytes of images from Hubble.  Now days we have
switched to Python and Django.   I can't show you internal sites from JPL but here is Lars website;

http://www.spacetelescope.org/

Pretty sweet.   If your a  Computer Science major and/or a spacenut.    ;-)

POCA deserves a good website.

Terry

"Sometimes I think the surest signs that intelligent life
  exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried
  to contact us!"

Terry W. Himes [cid:AFDA165F-90D8-469D-928D-6C03DADE3F11]
JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Deep Impact Sequence Team Lead
Deep Impact Spacecraft Engineer & Activity Lead
Rosetta/MEX/VEX Sequence Team Lead
Phone: (818) 393-6261
Cell:     (818) 653-8213
Fax:     (818) 393-3147