[DeTomaso] Beverly Hills Pantera???

The Hougans hougan at verizon.net
Mon Jul 28 21:43:37 EDT 2014

FWIW,

I went and visited "Beverly Hills Car Club" around a month ago and test
drove another blue Pantera they had for sale (it's engine was actually
hooked to the wheels, through a ZF, no less).
First off, they are most definitely NOT in Beverly Hills!  Actually, they
are located in a rather seedy area of East LA!
I did NOT see the wreck being discussed here; so maybe it is indeed in
"beautiful Beverly Hills" as the ad claims:)

Having said that, they have a pretty good collection of a wide variety of
cool older cars in their warehouse/shop/showroom, and the guy I dealt with
was very pleasant; no hard sell, or BS, and no problem with a test drive.
I'd have no problem returning if another of their offerings interested me.

My impression, and opinion only, is that they pick up marginal cars for
peanuts from tired and desperate sellers and have their mechanics get them
back into running condition with minimal investment.
Sadly, the car I looked at and drove was in that category... not close to
being a replacement for my totaled #5326 :(.

In summary, no evidence of deception, but clearly a caveat emptor
situation.... I'd sure never buy over the internet, sight unseen, that's for
sure.

Mike

On Behalf Of Boyd Casey

I have seen some of their other cars that where pretty marginal but this is
ridiculous. They say the car is "original", I think the engine/
transmission is just laying there. There is no radiator, the transmission
isn't connected to anything. They don't disclose anything. I guess they
really believe a picture is worth a thousand words!
Boyd