[DeTomaso] NPC - Superformance GT40 MkII for sale

Mike Scardina a42n8cfo at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 28 07:34:20 EDT 2014

The GT40 market seems to be strong.  There is a limited number of original cars.  When they trade, seven figure prices are now common. Holman & Moody and Gelscoe currently produce complete cars which will likely end up costing no less than $400,000.  Superformance products are in the next level.  They sell a very exacting replica of a chassis of the original racing GT40 ready for completion by adding drivetrain components. The Superformance product is exacting enough that it has been licensed by Safir to be called a GT40, which Ford was not allowed to do with their Ford GT.  The price for a Superformance "roller" has recently increased to almost $110,000, having started closer to $70,000 around 2007.  The total cost of a Superformance car will naturally depend on the components and labor used to complete it. As more GT40s hit the street, more businesses are being formed to supply the market.  I've been a Pantera owner since 1979 and I've seen the
 development of Pantera related products and services develop over the years.  It seems like we can expect the same expansion for the GT40.