[DeTomaso] NPC - Superformance GT40 MkII for sale

Mike Scardina a42n8cfo at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 17:29:29 EDT 2014

Several people have been asking me for the details.

Superformance
GT40 MkII P2139 For Sale

Titanium
color
Twin black
stripes
Silver ceramic
coated headers
15"
Halibrand wheels with Yokohama tires P225/50R15 & P295/50R15

Very detailed
and attractive install performed by experienced installer, Ward Brady, at local
Superformance dealer included:
Roush 427SR with
polished intake and pent-roof valve covers
RBT/ZF transaxle
Bellhousing with
internal release bearing.
MSD
ignition
Heavy duty fuel and dual
oil filters
Transaxle breather and
filter
Custom billet rear
license plate frame
Twin
pneumatic lifts for rear cover

This car
is ‘as delivered in February 2008’ with the following added exceptions:
Two Raydyot style
mirrors
Custom aluminum shifter
cover

Mileage: Break-in only with 309 on odometer,
actual is closer to 250 due to odometer gearing.

P2139 is
presently titled and licensed in Illinois.

Issues:
1.
Windshield wiper gear shaft is too short for proper operation. Factory supplied
part as a recall. Simple replacement instructions are on GT40s.com.  I never
drive the car in the wet, so I haven't installed it yet.
2.
Speedometer and odometer need step down gear for accuracy. GT40s.com has
several great alternatives for this issue.

Reason
for selling: Priorities
Mom
has advanced Alzheimers. The time I prefer to spend caring for her limits the
time necessary to enjoy and properly care for my car collection. With respect
for my cars, some will have to go.

Pricing:
Currently,
buying a roller and building a comparably equipped turn-key SPF GT40 would take
more than a year and $150,000.  You
can have P2139, a car with just carefully driven break-in mileage, NOWfor $125,000 or best
offer.