[DeTomaso] NPC Elvis Presley's BMW 507

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 19:32:38 EDT 2014

Hitting the automobile news circuit is the story about the BMW 507 that Elvis Presley owned.

Just google "Elvis BMW 507"

or start here:

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/07/24/elvis-presley-bmw-507-restoration-photos-video/

I first saw 70079 back in 2004 or so.  It had been stored since around 1969, eventually

ending up in a dirt floor warehouse where I inspected it.  The owner actually has 2 507's.

(Naturally I took photos.)

The fog around the provenance is interesting, but I'd think that BMW itself would validate the car history

before they agreed to restore the car, amid all the media hype.

 I look forward to watching this story unfold, and the eventual auction results.

What will it sell for?

I was surprised that my search for a BMW 507 Registry turned up no results.

There are a number of BMW registries, which seem to cover many of the recent and popular models,

but I didn't locate one that specifically contained 507 data.

(If you find one let me know!)

The De Tomaso Registry Guy

http://www.detomasoregistry.org/Members/ProvaMoMemMain.asp