[DeTomaso] Pair of 10" Campy Pantera wheels wanted

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 06:00:51 EDT 2014

>>>Actually, on the street I'm still running my Z-rated BFG 245/50-15
fronts and H-rated 305-50-15 Euro T/A in the rear.   They are in great shape

although they are almost 20 years old (!).   Fortunately I take care of
tires
well--I never use any sort of Armor-All or other destructive products, they
aren't exposed to daylight very often, etc.
*****Mike, I know you know the story but I had a pair of "brand-new",
14-year old Pirelli P7R's explode on me 40 kilometers after mounting them
that were considerably younger than the tires you are running. They had
never had Armor-All or other destructive products applied either, they had
never been exposed to daylight in their life, etc.

They split right down the middle of a tread. Fortunately I was going slow at
the time. I don't know that your care of your tires (or any care of tires
over time?) is much different than the care mine received. Are you feeling
lucky?