[DeTomaso] Pair of 10" Campy Pantera wheels wanted

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jul 23 05:22:58 EDT 2014

In a message dated 7/21/14 6 00 18, cengles at cox.net writes:

>                  Exactly what fifteen inch tires do you use for your
> street and track escapades?   Surely not the S rated BFGs.
>

>>>Actually, on the street I'm still running my Z-rated BFG 245/50-15
fronts and H-rated 305-50-15 Euro T/A in the rear.   They are in great shape
although they are almost 20 years old (!).   Fortunately I take care of tires
well--I never use any sort of Armor-All or other destructive products, they
aren't exposed to daylight very often, etc.

They are hard as hockey pucks, and getting pretty worn.   I have a set of
Toyo 225/50 and 295/50 Proxes tires (Z and H-rated, respectively) waiting to
be mounted.   Those are no longer available, however.   I've recently spoken
to a guy who replaced his old tires with new S-rated BFG 225/50 and 295/50,
and they said that the difference was like night and day--the new tires
were much, much better than the Euro T/As that were there before.

For the track, I use Z-rated Hoosier radials, sized 225/50 and 275/50
(largest rear size they make) and those work phenomenally well.